First Act and Sister Company Seven45 Studios are innovative developers of software applications, mobile games and fun interactive musical products. We are headquartered in Boston in a fantastic Back Bay location and provide incredible benefits as well as the chance to work with fun, passionate people! We are fast moving and working here allows for many opportunities to apply your creative skills to a variety of mobile entertainment products.
Do you have the ability to manage and motivate? Are you someone who leads by example? Do you have experience developing for mobile products (iOS and Android platforms)? Good, because we have an immediate need for a Lead Game Designer - Mobile Devices. We are a fast moving company and working here allows for many opportunities to apply your skills to a variety of mobile entertainment products.
About the position:
As a Lead Designer, you will manage and schedule day-to-day tasks for the design team and ensure work is completed in accordance with the master schedule. You will manage, organize, and disseminate all design documentation. On the creative side, you will create concept and pitch documents for new ideas that both generate excitement and clearly explain mechanics. You will communicate the creative vision of the product to the development team and collaborate with art and technical leads to execute the design vision.
- Highly motivated with at least 5 years of experience in the design field.
- Experience in UI and UX is critical
- Hands on experience creating mobile games (for iphone, ipad and/or Android devices) and entertainment applications
- Possess excellent technical and creative writing skills as well as superb communication and leadership.
- Experience with game development engines (i.e. Unity, Unreal, etc.) and scripting, level design and user interface design.
- You are flexible and thrive on working with creative people with a range of technical abilities.
- Passion to build approachable fun entertainment products.
- Very strong team player.
Local candidates will receive immediate consideration! Please send your resume to Lauren at: [email protected]
Software Engineer - Boston, MA
Do you have excellent coding ability? Good, because we have an immediate need for a Software Engineer! We are fast moving and working here allows for many opportunities to apply software engineering skills to a variety of mobile entertainment products.
- Highly motivated with 5+ years of software development experience shipping at least one product.
- BS/MS in a Computer Science discipline or equivalent.
- Excellent problem solving skills and programming experience in C/C++/Objective-C and Mobile Software Development on iOS and Android.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Must be flexible and enjoy working with creative people with a range of technical abilities.
- Passion to build approachable fun products.
You know your way around 3D Math / Physics / Networking / Gameplay
Front End Developer - Boston, MA
Do you have excellent coding ability? Experience developing for mobile products? Good, because we have an immediate need for a Front End Developer! We are a fast moving company and working here allows for many opportunities to apply your skills to a variety of mobile entertainment products.
About the position:
- Thorough understanding of architecture and optimization of web-based applications
- Experienced developing for mobile platforms (iOS, Android, mobile web browsers)
- Building standards-compliant code based on W3C guidelines
- Translating graphical designs from Photoshop into functional, production-ready prototypes (static HTML builds)
- Identifying and addressing cross-browser issues during planning and development phases
- Familiarity with version control (subversion)
- Experience with PHP and working with developers to build dynamic sites
- Drupal theming experience
- Have a great attention to detail and write clean, readable and reusable code.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively with a group of developers, designers, copy writers and creative directors.
Local candidates will receive immediate consideration!
Please send your resume to: Lauren Doxsey at [email protected]